Creating an ACF View
Use ACF View item to display ACF fields for a specific post/page/CPT item.
- 1.Visit the ACF Views tab in WordPress backend.
- 2.Click on the ‘Add New’ button.
- 3.Enter a Name for your View.
- 4.In the View Settings Basic tab enter a description in the Description text area. Note: This is visible to admins only.
- 5.Enter your custom CSS classes in the CSS classes text field.
- 6.Click the ‘Add Field’ button in the Fields section.
- 7.In the Field tab select the field Group from the list.
- 8.In the Field dropdown select the ACF field to assign it.
- 9.Enter a Label for your field as prefix (if needed).
- 10.Repeat steps 6 to 9 until all the fields have been assigned.
- 11.Scroll up and Click on the ‘Publish’ button to save and publish your View.
- 12.Select the View Settings Advanced tab and paste your CSS Code.
- 14.In the right sidebar in the Shortcode Widget Click ‘Copy to clipboard’ to copy the generated shortcode for your View.
- 15.Paste the shortcode in your page, post or theme section.
- 16.Fill the fields as required, then click 'Publish' or 'Update' to save your page/post.
- 17.Visit your page to see the result.
Note: When you assign new fields after creating your view the shortcode will automatically display those fields without you having to paste a new shortcode in your theme or page section.
Note: Restrict visibility of an ACF View by using user-with-roles="ROLE1,ROLE2" user-without-roles="ROLE1,ROLE2" shortcode arguments.