Creating an ACF Card
Create an ACF Card to display a set of posts or CPT items and their ACF fields.
- 1.Visit the ACF Views tab in WordPress backend.
- 2.Switch to the ACF Cards tab.
- 3.Click on the ‘Add New’ button.
- 4.Enter a Name for your Card.
- 5.In the Card Settings Basic tab enter a description in the Description text area. Note: This description is visible to admins only.
- 6.Enter your custom CSS classes in the CSS classes text field.
- 7.In the ACF View dropdown, select your ACF View to assign it to the Card.
- 8.Switch to the Filters tab.
- 9.In the Post Type dropdown, select the post type to filter by that type.
- 10.In the Post Status dropdown, add one or multiple items from the list. Note: Leave the default ‘Published’ status to only show published post, page or CPT items.
- 11.Use Maximum number of posts field to limit the amount of posts shown.
- 12.In the ‘Pool of posts’ dropdown you can manually select posts to show. Note: This will then show ONLY selected posts.
- 13.For Exclude posts you can manually exclude posts from your Card. Warning: Don’t use together with ‘Pool of posts’.
- 14.Turn on the Ignore Sticky Posts option (if needed).
- 15.Switch to the Sort tab.
- 16.For the Sort by dropdown, sort posts by date by selecting ‘Date’ from the list.
- 17.Choose Ascending or Descending for Sort order.
- 18.Click on ‘Update’ to save and publish your Card .
- 19.In the right sidebar in the Shortcode Widget Click ‘Copy to clipboard’ to copy the generated shortcode for your Card.
- 20.Paste the shortcode in your page, post or theme section.
- 21.Visit the page to see the result.
Note: Adding new fields to your assigned ACF View will automatically include those fields in your ACF Card without you having to copy the shortcode into place again.
Note: Restrict visibility of an ACF Card by using user-with-roles="ROLE1,ROLE2" user-without-roles="ROLE1,ROLE2" shortcode arguments.
Note: Do you want to customize a query (WP_Query) that is used to get posts for a Card, but the option is missing in the UI? You can do this using our filters. Read more here